What a treat! In this episode, Coach Dave is joined by Triathlete Pro Lesley Paterson (@lesleydoestri) and her husband, the uber-brilliant Dr. Simon Marshall (@pssjm3). They discuss Dr. Simon and Lesley's new book, The Brave Athlete: Calm the F*ck Down and Rise to the Occasion. It's an incredible sports psychology book that helps athletes understand how your brain can be your best friend or your worst enemy. If you have ever said any or all of the following, this book is for you:
- I wish I felt more like an athlete.
- I feel fat.
- When the going gets tough, the tough leave me behind.
- I don't think I can.
- I don't cope well with injury.
- I need to harden the f*ck up.
- Setting goals is not my problem, acting on them is.
- People say that I am dependent on exercise or have an addiction.
- I keep screwing up my races because I lack focus.
- Other athletes are just tougher, happier, or more bad ass than I am.
- I don't feel like leaving my comfort zone or pushing myself.
- I don't handle pressure well. I get overly stressed and anxious the closer I get to race day.
In the book, Dr. Simon and Lesley take us through strategies and tactics related to dealing with these issues. They help us understand how our brain is functioning during these times and provide us with exercises to deal with them.
Order the book today. You won't regret it. Here is an Amazon link for you to do so: http://amzn.to/2rGOW1a
Support the Fuel Your Fire Podcast
- PLEASE RATE THE FUEL YOUR FIRE PODCAST HERE
- Like the Facebook Page
- Collaborate with us on the Fuel Your Fire Running and Triathlon Facebook Group
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Follow Us on Instagram
- Follow Dave on Twitter
The coaching staff at Octane Athletics Training Systems is offering (zero obligation) FREE consultations for any athlete that is considering hiring a coach to work with them toward their goals. If this is of interest to you, simply fill out the form on this page and one of the coaches will follow up with you very quickly.
Support the Podcast by doing your shopping on Amazon.com. It’s that simple. No hidden or additional fees. We just get a few cents every time you head over to Amazon using this link.
Also, be sure to check out all of our other episodes at octane-athletics.com.
Get your Gatorade Endurance from your local running or triathlon specialty store or at Amazon.com. If your local store doesn’t have it, ask them why. Train with what is on course at over 350 running events around the country and at Ironman Triathlons, Gatorade Endurance.
If you get value from the show and want to tell us you appreciate us, how about popping for a bottle of water, a cup of coffee or a sandwich. Would you do that? If so, become an Octane Patron and pledge $1, $5, or $10 to the show.
TEAMWORK | OPTIMISM | POSITIVITY